Safe, effective, and done only by experts
What to know about a pregnancy massage?
Being pregnant is the happiest time in a soon-to-be mother’s life. While the time is exciting the challenges of a growing body and transformation can be rough. During pregnancy, nearly all women experience physical and emotional changes in the body that cannot be relieved by using home remedies.
A pregnancy massage helps in ensuring your body free from aches and any discomfort that come during pregnancy. The health benefits of a pregnancy massage Auckland are immaculate and when paired with other massages like the Indian head massage, rest assured you will be all relaxed and comforted.
The massage can last anywhere between 30 minutes to 90 minutes, depending on your choice. A woman can undergo massages throughout her pregnancy without having to worry about anything. Not only the pregnancy massage helps in relaxing sore muscles but it also improves blood circulation in the body which is important during the growing fetal stages.
The pregnancy massage can be of 2 types:
- Prenatal pregnancy massage- The massage helps to keep the body relaxed, fit and strong before the date of delivery
- Post-natal pregnancy massage- The massage helps to regain strength and endurance after the baby has been delivered
11 benefits to expect from a pregnancy massage
- Reduces stress from the joints, muscles and ligaments which always bear the extra weight of the pregnancy
- Decreases back pain and foot pain which are common discomforts faced by pregnant women
- Eases headaches, leg cramps and stiffness
- Brings down the risk of fatigue and nasal congestion
- Increases blood circulation for immunity boost and removal of toxic elements in the body
- Minimizes the mood swings including depression, anxiety and stress
- Restores the hormonal balance
- Releases more endorphins for better sleep
- Improves flexibility to carry the extra weight
- Raises blood pressure level and blood flow to the uterus and placenta
- Rejuvenates the skin texture leading to facial glow
Things to know before the pregnancy massage Auckland!
- Discuss the possibility of getting a pregnancy massage with your OB/GYN doctor before making an appointment
- For the relaxing massage make sure you are not allergic to any oil or elements that are commonly used for massage
STRICTLY AVOID PREGNANCY MASSAGE AUCKLAND, WHEN STRUGGLING WITH:
- Continuously suffering from morning sickness, vomiting and nausea
- History of miscarriages
- High-risk pregnancy
- High risk of placental abruption and preterm labour
Why consider pregnancy massage in the first place? And why a complete relaxation massage will soothe your aching muscles?
Relaxation massage aims at full mind and body relaxation in the most complete and indulgent manner. It involves a full body massage treatment along with soft ambience and suitable essential oils. A relaxation massage includes techniques like long strokes, gentle kneading and rolling of skin.
Daily basis of work, relationships, family and finance put a lot of mental and emotional stress leading to 8 symptoms:
- Muscle tension
- Chronic stress conditions
- Less concentration
10 ways a relaxation massage removes the negative factors from a body during pregnancy
- Releases more endorphins for better sleep which reduces insomnia
- Alleviates strong muscle soreness and tightness
- Activates blood flow and nourishes the muscles
- Improves mood swings and helps to feel relaxed and calm
- Lowers blood pressure level of both systolic and diastolic for long term health benefits
- Balances the nervous system to regain physical and mental balance
- Acupressure on joints and muscles reduces the stress and tension related issues
- Increases serotonin to have a better mood and appetite
- Enhances the lymphatic system to clear toxins from the skin
- Helps in controlling cortisol level in the body
5 precautions to be taken before booking an appointment for relaxation massage while being pregnant
- Avoid heavy meal and alcohol before going for the therapy
- Drink a lot of water to remove toxins from the skin
- Mention if any skin allergy is there
- Introduce to your recent surgery/injury or on medication
- Disclose any sore skin or scalp in the body
Are you interested in Indian head massage?
Indian head massage is an ancient massage treatment which focuses on massaging acupressure points like head, neck and shoulders including circular massage to improve scalp and increase blood circulation. The technique came from Ayurveda where it is believed that three ‘chakras’— mind, spirit and body are interconnected and influence each other. It is a therapeutic practice which is over 5,000 years old. The massage takes a maximum of 20 minutes with the help of coconut and almond oil and skin benefits from mustard oil, sesame oil, olive oil or jasmine oil.
7 precautions must be taken before the therapeutic session of Indian head massage
- Mention about being pregnant
- Receiving any treatment or medication for your medical condition
- Have a history of Spondylitis or Thrombosis
- Recovering from a serious injury/injuries/surgery
- Allergic to any essential oil
- Have soreness and cut on the skin
- Already in a medication of scalp treatment
Why Healthcure for pregnancy massage Auckland?
At HealthCure Massage Auckland, a healthy pregnancy is our priority. Our massage rooms are equipped with the right massage tables for pregnancy massage, relaxation massage as well as Indian head massage. It consists of a heated topper, fresh soft towels, cushions, candles and dim lighting to create a soothing ambience for you to let go and relax. We take all necessary precautions to ensure massage therapy sessions are laced with right practices and safety.
Experience the best relaxing mood with us:
- Trained massage therapists for different massages
- Prior knowledge of your medical history including surgery and allergy
- Proper massage sessions to have a lasting impact on the body
- Affordable massage sessions
- Non-toxic products to ensure healthy skin texture
- Provides complete relief and healing from joint and muscles soreness
Pregnancy massage at HealthCure Massage Auckland understands the discomfort that comes with pregnancy. To appreciate every new mother and mother’s to be, our pregnancy massage sessions are tailored to meet your body needs during the time of such delicate and crucial growth. We use every product after confirming with you and only experts massage therapists work on your body. Rest assured, you will walk out feeling fresh, relaxed and happy.