Robert Breault has rightly said, “Massage is the only form of physical pleasure to which nature forgot to attach consequences.” Most people will agree with this statement. Some might call it therapy, while others may believe it to be a necessity. In truth, it is a technique to handle our body’s stressed muscles, ligaments, bones, and skin.
This practice has been around for thousands of centuries. Evidence confirms that many civilisations,, namely China, India, Greece, Rome, and Egypt, adapted this form of therapy. It is performed by a licensed massage therapist, also known as a masseur/masseuse.
You might be curious to know why it is so important? Europeans feel that one should opt for massage regularly for health benefits. Well, guess what? They are right!
There are many benefits of massage; let’s discuss them in detail-
- Pain and stress relief – A good massage relieves any muscle pain caused by working out, illness, chronic pain, etc. Massaging on specific pressure points of our body releases endorphins. This reduces the overall stress and keeps our bodies happy.
- Improved blood circulation- As we discussed, the procedure involves pressurising points and muscles of our body. This increases the level of oxygen and nutrients resulting in increased blood flow to the organs.
With better circulation, a person tends to be active and healthy. Improved circulation also relaxes the mind leading to relief. A Happy mind leads a happy life!
- Corrects posture and flexibility- Massaging helps loosen up the muscles leading to a better range of motion. This makes our physique flexible and corrects our posture.
- De-stress mind and muscle- A deep and thorough massage assists in establishing a mind-muscle connection. In addition to that, a happy hormone named oxytocin is released. Thus, a massage can also be called a positivity reflector.
Other benefits include better immunity, balanced blood sugar levels, and improved digestion. But, this form of treatment is not limited to its significance and advantages.
It has various types. Want to explore? Keep reading!
Four types of massage therapy are –
- Swedish massage- This type is the best for you if you are a first-timer. It covers the overall body and helps in relaxing. Swedish methods include kneading, stroking, tapping, and vibration. This works best for a person facing anxiety issues.
- Sports massage- As the name suggests, it is widely helpful for athletes. Reports confirm that athletes who undergo this therapy before physical activity feel more flexible and confident. But don’t skip it if you aren’t an athlete.
- Thai massage- Even a person who doesn’t know anything about massaging has heard about this type. Its popularity is justified. Both the person and the masseur take an active part in working towards relieving stressed muscles and joints. According to a study, a person should experience this type once in his lifetime.
- Aromatherapy- Aromatherapy involves oils from different types of plants that are used to stimulate our nerves for a calming effect. Doctors suggest aromatherapy to patients suffering from depression and other mental illnesses.
Other types include deep tissue, foot, head, and reflexology. But, it should be kept in mind that specific types are designed to benefit particular conditions. Before going in, choose according to your needs.
Are you sore after a massage?
Did you recently go through a massage? Are you feeling sore? Don’t worry. It is entirely normal to feel sore after it.
The truth is that different people react differently after undergoing the process.
There can be various reasons as to why your body is sore-
- Your muscles aren’t used to the workout. The intensity by which the points and strengths are pressed to reduce stress might haven’t worked for you. Therefore, it generated pain. Though, this pain is temporary and usually goes away within 2-3 days.
- A deep tissue therapy can cause inflammation leading to lower back pain. It can lead to injury if performed incorrectly or with too much pressure. This may be another reason.
You might be wondering about the ways to get rid of this feeling. There’s no need to be worried. We’ve got you covered!
Get rid of the post-massage soreness: A first-timer’s guide.
These ways will assist in getting rid of the feeling once and for all-
- Stay hydrated
- Stretch it out
- Take a hot/cold shower
- Use essential oils for pain management
- Use natural herbs like ginger, turmeric and black pepper.
- Be well rested.
Relax with Healthcure!
Are you looking for a certified massage therapist? Don’t sweat out! Healthcure massage is your one-stop destination for a beautiful experience.
Our name is the most appropriate description of our services. We aim to cure our client’s health through our remedial practice.
Our company offers a wide variety of massages to choose from according to bodily needs. We prioritise client satisfaction, and therefore, you are precious to us.
With over 1100 happy customers, Healthcure aims to widen the community. Are you interested to know more? Don’t wait. Head over to our website now for more information.